The Tier 1 Help Desk Engineer is primarily responsible for providing technical support to end users. The ideal candidate will be well spoken, self sufficient, and acquainted with common office productivity software applications. Additionally, he or she must have an excellent sense of judgement to properly evaluate complex issues and deliver immediate effective solutions.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Utilize the IT Help Desk in Autotask enduring that user requests are handled promptly and that users are satisfied with resolutions.
- Work with others on the Help Desk & the Support team to provide backup when gaps in coverage occur.
- Resolve software and hardware based technical issues on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, etc.
- Maintain expectations of support requests around ETA, any impacts repairs may have, and follow up to ensure issue resolution.
- Escalate issues outside area of expertise to a subject matter expert (SME) when applicable.
- Assist in ensuring data backup and integrity.
- Ensure items under warranty have warranty requests processed and completed by the vendor.
- Maintain Help Desk Scenarios procedures for troubleshooting.
- This position will provide on-call and Emergency Response duties to businesses’ critical applications, help desk support and associated infrastructure as necessary.
- Adhere to all IT policies.
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or communicating learning’s with relevant business units.
- Field in-coming calls to the help desk and provide first-level technical support to internal and external customers, including basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Log all calls into the help desk management system and keep tickets current with correct information as to status and outcomes.
- Facilitate problem resolution, either directly, or by escalating incidents to the technology team.
- Multitask to ensure that Service Level Agreements are met.
- Work as part of a dynamic team with both internal and external customers.
- Others duties as assigned/required.
- The Help Desk Engineer uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. He/she is candid, clear and concise in communication. He/she uses appropriate style, tone and delivery methods to effectively reach the intended audience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); University Level Education is technology or computer sciences may be substituted for experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, a CRM and the ability to write effective and efficient correspondence.
- Have a good grasp of the English language and speak with proper grammar and syntax.
Please send resume and referral list to Kevin Le, VP Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
We believe that associates should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.