The Senior Systems Administrator is one of the highest hands-on technical resources for IT Works 365. As such, IT Works 365 believes the Senior Systems Administrator must deliver the highest quality of customer satisfaction along with this technical expertise. The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for 3 major areas of IT Service Delivery. The first area is the administration of servers, virtual environments, storage, security and Backup Disaster Recovery (BDR) infrastructure both in-premise and cloud based solutions. The second is handling of escalations and advanced support of service requests, beyond the abilities of the level 3 Service Desk Technicians. The third is assisting the Sr. System Engineer(s) with implementation of servers, storage, security and BDR infrastructure projects both in-premise and cloud based solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Resolve advanced server-side service requests (primarily level 3) and alerts with a sense of urgency and within the specified SLA, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem isolation skills
- Advanced support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server 2010/2013, Exchange 2010/2013, Clustering, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Advanced support services for virtualization technologies: VMware 5.5/6.1, Citrix and Microsoft, etc.
- Advanced support/experience for Storages: NFS, ISCSI, EMC, DELL and NetApp.
- Advanced support/experience Network Firewalls: Cisco, Juniper and Fortinet.
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
- Advanced support and implementation of our backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
Accountability and Results:
- Overall Customer Satisfaction in the delivery of IT Services Delivery.
- Service requests are resolved in a timely manner and within SLA.
- Service delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Delivery satisfies customer requirements.
- Possess and demonstrate a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service to clients.
- Ability to work and thrive under a lot of pressure.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and focus on the task at hand.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner.
- Establish the ability to take initiative independent of direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a team, communicate effectively and avoid confrontations/conflicts.
- Advanced and Superior diagnostic skills of technical issues around Microsoft server technologies.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); University Level Education in Technology or Computer Science is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, a CRM and the ability to write effective and efficient correspondence.
- Have a great vocabulary in the English language and speak with proper grammar and syntax.
Please send resume and referral list to Kevin Le, VP Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
We believe that associates should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.